Empty Property Management – Minimising void relet times against the current challenges. Improve your void management with Stockport Homes
This event takes place on 23rd November 2022
Stockport Homes continues to have one of the best void re-let times amongst social housing providers (Housemark) and we are proud of the awards we have won for continued excellent services to customers as well as being recognised nationally as a great place to work (Best Companies 2021). Stockport Homes wants to share its journey to excellence with other like-minded housing providers whilst also using this opportunity to share experiences and best practice.
Void management is core to many other tasks and responsibilities within Housing Organisations and getting it right with quick turnaround plus a quality product and a sustainable tenancy is a real aim and achievement for Stockport Homes. The challenges that have presented since the Covid pandemic have made void management and performance more difficult.
We are hosting a seminar aimed at staff and managers responsible for end to end void management. This will include:
- how we have achieved a re-let time of 11.1 days for 21/22 (year to date figure currently 17 days);
- recognising void triggers and having an effective pre-termination process;
- the importance of advertising properties;
- having a thorough and informative sign-up process;
- ongoing effective performance management ;
- the importance of partnership working – who are our partners and how we build effective relationships;
- managing harder to let properties and initiatives used to address lettability issues;
- the importance of direct lets and how to achieve them;
- how to create sustainable tenancies and its link to the end to end void process;
- how we have engaged with customers to develop the lettable standard;
- how we have developed an effective inspection process; and
- how to effectively co-ordinate resources.
Tickets cost £110+vat per person, and include a two course lunch, and refreshments throughout the day